Sunday 18 July 2010

Pre-travel flapping

I have decided that instead of sending mass emails while I'm away this summer, a blog is the way forward.
The general plan is;

19/07 - fly to Brisbane.
20/07 - Night in Brisbane
21/07 - Fly to Honiara, Solomon Islands (if you're trying to find them on a map, they are Australia and up and right a bit.) This is where we are doing 3 weeks of placement and then moving to Gizo, a much more rural community on another island to do another 3 weeks.
03/09 - Fly back to Brisbane to spend just under 3 weeks travelling by bus around the Gold Coast of Australia.
21/09 - Fly to Singapore to spend 4 days stocking up on fake designer brands - requests for handbags via email!
25/09 - arrive back in sunny London to be greeted by beautiful weather, people with worse tans than me( hopefully) and the promise of never being fed fish and fruit ever again!

I'm doing all of this with the wonderful Alex Bodley Scott - and we are not going to fall out, or fight, or stress, or disagree ever (hopefully). Especially not while we are in Honiara, as our accommodation looks a bit cramped...

I will update this blog as often as I can get a chance. Electricity in the Solomons is mostly diesel generator powered, and internet is very expensive. But if I don't write, assume I'm having a great time diving, delivering babies, dodging crocodiles and mosquitos and getting a tan!

Love Rachel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment