Tuesday 10 August 2010

And so the fun begins...

I managed to get signed off today by the head of surgery here (who's seen me all of about 3 times) but he ticked excellent for all the boxes so I must have made a good impression : ) It's tempting to take the rest of the time off, but I have been learning a lot, so will probs last the rest of the 2 days in Honiara hospital before we move to placement in Gizo.
Went to a surgical referral clinic this morning which is basically potential surgical patients that have been referred from the island provinces with problems which may not be able to be treated in the province but need to be seen in honiara. I sat in and saw some very interesting cases to do with the thyroid and complications of this surgery, ltos of query pyelonephritis and kidney stones, was good practice for doing GI examinations and examining hernial orifices - which there were also lots of.
Weds pms on surgery are quiet so to avoid spending the afternoon doing nothing I'm going to sit in on a paediatric clinic (assuming the doctor lets me).

Other exciting news - the market has been restored with its pineapple supply : ) so I just bought a huge one!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment